What We Do
As AYA patients you have unique needs, strengths, and challenges that don’t look the same in other age groups. Our AYA team, along with your primary providers, works to meet those unique needs and support you through your treatment.
Members of Our Team Provide:
- AYA-specific resources around finances, work, school and emotional support
- Help with issues like fertility preservation, sexual health and function and contraception
- One-on-one support and counseling
- Programs and events for patients
- Connections with other AYAs
- Recommendations for clinical trials and treatment protocols
- AYA survivorship care
- Care coordination and connection to other UNC cancer support services
https://uncaya.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/team-edits_0000_Layer-3.jpg 485 450 splinter https://www.uncaya.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/logo-main-retina.png splinter2020-12-04 22:21:152020-12-07 22:42:03AYA Team: Andrew Smitherman
Meet UNC AYA Medical Director, Dr. Andrew Smitherman
https://uncaya.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/beloud_teamvid.png 1978 3442 splinter https://www.uncaya.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/logo-main-retina.png splinter2020-07-15 16:05:312020-07-20 14:09:22How We’re Operating During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We want you to know we’re still here to help and want to be available to you and your family/caregivers.
https://uncaya.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/team-edits_0001_Layer-2.jpg 485 450 splinter https://www.uncaya.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/logo-main-retina.png splinter2020-07-08 18:25:002020-07-20 14:02:19AYA Team: Lauren Lux
Meet UNC AYA Program Director Lauren Lux in this short video.